Santa Claus Strawberries
Hi guys!! I love Christmas so much! Don’t you? I love everything about it… the lights on the streets and houses, the christmas trees, the songs, the snow, the movies, the spirit and obviously the food! Well…I used to love the traditional food that my mum made at home, such as chicken soup and all the traditional treats and desserts made with butter, milk, refined sugars and eggs. I don’t eat this food anymore, even though some of them still taste good to me. I have never eaten strawberries with whipped cream for Christmas, but I used to had them as a child during their season and I loved them. However, I think it is a great idea for a christmas dessert and it’s probably much healthier than other dessert options. The problem is that the whipped cream available today is not like the whipped cream our mums and grandmas made when we were little… Now is a very processed food, lack in nutrients and full of fat and sugar. Also, I don’t consume dairy anymore, so I decided to make this recipe healthier and also suitable for lactose intolerant and vegans, like me. 🙂
2 cups of fresh strawberries
1/2 cup soaked cashews
2 tablespoons water (add more if necessary)
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons agave
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Blend all ingredients for the lemon cream together until smooth. Let it cool in the fridge for about two hours.
2. Rinse strawberries and slice the leafy end off each strawberry so they stand up evenly. Then the tip off to make a little hat.
3. Place the lemon cream in a dipping bag and add a small amount of the mixture to the top of the strawberry to make the face and place the tops you cut off back on.
4. Pipe a couple of dots onto the body strawberry for buttons and another dot of cream on top of the hat to make a pom-pom.
5. Finally, place two black sesame seeds on the «face» for the eyes.
6. Serve immediately or if you don’t eat them right away, store them in the fridge to keep them cold.